Mobile Banking FAQs
Q: Will my account information be safe in Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking utilizes encryption and multi-factor authentication. As with any mobile service, it's in your best interest to take safety precautions to ensure your account details remain secure.
Q: How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
Initial enrollment is completed through the Options menu in Online Banking. You will receive text messages with access details for the Mobile Banking choices that you selected during sign-up. For more details, view our tour of Mobile Banking.
Q: How do I access Mobile Banking?
Please refer to the SMS message you received during Mobile Banking enrollment for access details or visit m.northshorebank.com on your mobile device. For more details, view our tour of Mobile Banking.
Q: What benefits will Mobile Banking give me?
You can view your Checking, Savings, and loan account details, make transfers between your North Shore Bank accounts, pay bills, and locate any of North Shore Bank's ATMs.
Q: What should I do if I canít log into Mobile Banking?
If you can't log into Mobile Banking you can re-send yourself a new activation link through Online Banking. If you are still unable to log in, call 877.672.2265.
Q: Do I need an Online Banking account to use Mobile Banking?
An Online Banking account is required to sign up for Mobile Banking.
Q: When will transfers done in Mobile Banking be processed?
A: Mobile Banking shares the same transfer schedule as Online Banking.
Q: What mobile devices are supported in Mobile Banking?
Most mobile devices are supported for use with Mobile Banking. The North Shore Bank Mobile Banking app will run on the following devices and operating systems:
Q: Is there a charge for Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is a free service for all Online Banking customers.
Q: What happens if I lock myself out of Mobile Banking?
If you lock yourself out of your account, call 877.672.2265 to have your Mobile Banking account reactivated.
Q: What are some mobile security tips I should be aware of?
- It's good practice to password-protect access to your phone.
- Don't store passwords for online accounts on your phone unless secured
- If your phone is lost or stolen, call 877.672.2265 to have your Mobile Banking account deactivated.
- Add the Mobile Banking shortcode to your phone's address book.
- Remove old Mobile Banking SMS messages from your inbox.
- Log out of Mobile Banking after each session.
Q: What are some general Mobile Banking terms I should be familiar with?
- SMS (Short Messaging Service) - Communication by short text messages.
- Shortcode - A short phone number used for sending and receiving SMS messages.
- WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) - A mobile browser-based method for accessing websites.
- APP (Downloadable Applications) - An application that is downloaded to a mobile device.
Still have questions? We can help.
- E-mail us.
- Call us at 877.672.2265.
(8:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am until 3:00 pm CST, Saturdays, & 10:00 am until 1:00pm CST, Sundays, excluding bank holidays)
- Stop by your neighborhood branch.