Helping you understand how and when to...
Protect your retirement savings.
- Decrease your amount of debt.
- Create an emergency cash fund.
- Secure insurance coverage.
Develop an income plan for your retirement.
- Estimate your income and expenses to make sure your money lasts as long as you need it to.
- Set aside cash to cover spending needs for six months to one year in investment such as a money market, certificate of deposit and other savings. The key is to have access to your money with out taking large penalties. More...
Apply for Medicare.
- Based on your age and your Social Security status, your Medicare application timeline may vary. If you apply late, you may not receive benefits when you need them or may have to pay a higher premium. It is a good idea to make note of these dates on your calendar.
Apply for my Social Security benefits.
- Three months prior to the month of your 65th birthday (or three months prior to when you wish to start collecting benefits). It is a good idea to make note of these dates on your calendar.
Select distribution options and benefits for your 401(k) and pension plans.
- Make note of the steps and options that apply to your retirement plan funds and contact your employer for correct documentation.
Review your wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and beneficiaries.
- Your retirement savings accounts normally pass directly to the beneficiaries you have specified for each retirement account so you will want to keep these designations updated.
Securities, insurance products and advisory services offered through Cetera Investment Services LLC (doing insurance business in CA as CFGIS Insurance Agency), member FINRA/SIPC. Investments are: • Not FDIC/NCUSIF insured • May lose value • Not financial institution guaranteed • Not a deposit • Not insured by any federal government agency. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity.
Investment Executives are registered to conduct securities business and licensed to conduct insurance business in limited states. Response to, or contact with residents of other states will only be made upon compliance with applicable licensing and registration requirements. The information in this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase brokerage services to persons outside of the United States.
Advisory services may only be offered by Investment Adviser Representatives in connection with an appropriate Advisory Services Agreement and disclosure brochure as provided.
For a comprehensive review of your personal situation, always consult with a tax or legal Advisor. Neither Cetera, nor any of its representatives may give legal or tax advice.